Sunday, November 23, 2008

Steven is Driving!!

So this Friday Steven went in and took his drivers test. He passed and did well and got his drivers license! He was ready to rock and roll!
So, I gave him the motherly lecture..."drive safe, you don't want to get in an accident on you first day driving solo." and all the other stuff you tell them before handing the keys over.
Well, shortly after that I was out running errands and somebody hit me!!! So I called Steven and told him not to worry I did it for him!
Then...
When you are a teenager and just got you DL and your parents OK where is one of the first places you want to go?!
THE MALL!
Steven tells me, "Mom, I'm going to meet some friends at the mall. I'll call ya later."
So later he calls...
"Mom, I changed my plans. I'm leaving the mall and meeting my friends somewhere else."
"Why?"
"Well, I was in JCPenneys and heard some gun shots and I guess there was a shooting and I'm too young to die so I left!"
"OH!"
He said it was really close and he booked it out of there. Then he got stuck in traffic, cause EVERYONE was trying to leave! Two boys were shot and one died the other is stable. They believe that the shooter new the victims.
Boy, he has a great story he can reminisce on when his kids start driving.

2 comments:

Janet said...

What a responsible kid, but I think I would want him to stay locked at home if all that is going on. Yikes. Glad you are all okay.

Olson Clan said...

So glad he made it our and wasn't hurt! How scary for you.