Sunday, May 25, 2008

San Antonio Vacation

May 19th - 23rd Brian had a business trip to San Antonio, Texas. Since I am still on maternity leave I decided to tag along!
What a good idea!
We flew down on Monday and my sister Cheryl, who now lives in Taylor, Texas, picked us up from the airport. I was so happy to see her:) We went out to eat and then dumped Brian at his hotel. Then Cheryl kidnapped me and we went to her home in Taylor (approximately 2 hrs north San Antonio).
I got to stay with her for two nights. I got to see how life is for her and her family in Texas. I went to my nephew Jordon's (age 7) field day at school.
And I got to see his brother Joshua's (age 8) baseball game.
This is him practicing before the game in the batting cage.On Wednesday, Cheryl had to take me back to my spouse in San Antonio...but not without stopping at the shopping outlets and spending lots of money!
That is just what sisters do:)
That evening Brian and I walked along The Riverwalk. This is Brian in front of a picture of the Alamo.
We also saw the Alamo, remember?
Did you know that the Alamo is right downtown? A lot of people didn't know that (to include myself). Well, across the street is "Ripley's Believe it or Not" Museum. They had this moving dinosaur head, when I stood next to it it moved towards me and startled me.
Part of the Museum was a wax figure area. This is Brian jumping on Oprah's couch professing his love for me!
One of the displays was this African Birthing Pot. Since I am now a Labor and Delivery Nurse I thought this was cool. They used it to place the tools they used to deliver the babies. Then they would bury the pot, placenta and umbilical cord for 45 days to ensure the child a long and happy life. After 45 days they would dig it up and use it for the next delivery. (I'm sure they would clean it out first)
Sawyer endured the trip very well, but he did get a runny nose from going in and out of the air conditioned buildings. Look how cute he is! The other children stayed with our brave friends, the Migilore's, and Steven was at home with the dog and cats.
All in all it was a great week!

2 comments:

Ann said...

It looks like you had a fabulous time. I bet Cheryl was thrilled to have you come and visit.

Sharon said...

Girl... You are looking good. What a fun trip!