Sunday, June 15, 2008

Back to Work

Well, did you think I had abandoned my blog?! NEVER!! I just went back to work :( In reality it has not been so bad. I have been fortunate to get routine deliveries so I can ease back into the rhythm of things.
Just in case you don't know I am now a Labor and Delivery Nurse at our local hospital here in Renton. It is a LDRP (Labor, Delivery, Recovery and Postpartum) Unit. We average approx. 350 births a month. I am trained in postpartum care and as of December I now do deliveries too. It has been great fun and I love all that I do. Some days we have sad stories but on the whole it is a happy experience with healthy people and babies. I never knew nursing could be so great. I only work 3, 8hr shifts a week. You can't beat that!

See that Nurse, that would be me on a normal work day. But in this picture I am the one writhing in bed and that is my co-worker taking good care of me.

The Gilman family has tried to make changes to accommodate the fuel crunch. I have given up driving my Suburban and am driving Steven's little Mazda. Brian's office has allowed him to work from home every Monday and Friday and the other days he car pools with a friend. And we are looking at family vacation options here in our local area.

This is the little car of Steven's I am driving. (I found a picture of Steven to post! ah, ha!) He can't drive it anyway till he is 16.

I have been hearing the prophet's words on preparedness echo in my ears lately and I am feeling the crunch! It reminds me of when our State President was really pushing preparedness when we lived in Mississippi. That was the season Katrina hit. I am REALLY feeling the crunch!!

This is Seth and me in the shelter during Katrina. Seth was 13 months old and it was HORRIBLE HOT!! He was so miserable. Plus, there was no water, so that's why I have the greasy hair pulled back in a ponytail!

In all of the things we are suppose to have ready, my advice to you is to remember your spiritual preparedness, cause above all that is what will get you through the pearly gates when you don't survive the large tidal wave....

Well, I don't want to end on a sour note so here are those pictures of Brian and Steven going out on the Scout camp out. I will let Brian tell the story about them...

This is Brian, the Dad...Here we are the morning we went fishing. We are eating the ever popular staple of oatmeal and hot cocoa. Mmmmmm. It wasn't too bad of an evening in tents. I think it was about 50 degrees that morning.

This is me, James and Steven out on the boat. It was us three, Scott Birdsell and Keith who owned the boat. As we motored out to the spot, a Bald Eagle swooped down and was flying around us. Talk about motivational!


Contrary to what my Father in Law thinks, I can catch fish. Here is one of five (the limit) of Rainbow Trout. I cleaned them later on and unfortunately lost one as I was cleaning it. Seriously thought about jumping in after it. Grilled them up when we got home and must say they were pretty tasty. Dad out.......

A couple who blogs together, Stays together! Till the next post, loves and hugs!

1 comment:

~* Laura Ann *~ said...

Well, I sure enjoy reading about you brag about you and your family! You do a good brag blog! ha ha! :) And that looks like fun to go back to work... maybe if I weren't so busy this summer (and leaving in two months) I would try to work in more of a hospital setting with my CNA. The nursing home wasn't so great... haha!