Sunday, June 1, 2008

Summer Beginnings

It's June! There is just something about the months that start with the letter "J"...they mean summer fun to me! Unfortunately the weather just is not cooperating, but we gave it a try anyway. Valley Medical Center, the hospital I work for, has an annual family fun day. They give two free tickets to each employee, then I beg for four more tickets from coworkers who are not going to attend. This year it was at the Wild Wave Amusement Park in Federal Way. With mine and the donated tickets we have a great FREE family event.
They gave out these collapsible Frisbees.
Anyway, the weather was not IDEAL. It didn't rain...but the sun didn't shine either. We tried to press on. The kids were so excited about the water park that they jumped right in.
But soon decided that the hot tub was the best place too be.
After warming up and drying off we ventured the the amusement park rides! This year Samantha was right on the line for the passing height! She got to ride the big roller coasters and other spinning stuff! Then her and Sean were still small enough to ride the kiddie rides with Seth. I think we got almost every ride in.
Sawyer slept and ate, smiled some and slept again.
You might wonder how come I never have any pictures of Steven...well he is a teenager and if he was around us long enough to actually get a picture of it, it would be like catching a glimpse of the Loch Ness Monster. He did go with us but found some friends and escaped quickly. He and Brian went on a church camp out Friday night. I will post that when I get the pictures. Maybe we can spot Steven in one of them.

2 comments:

Janet said...

That is so funny about the strawberries, well not funny, but funny in a sad sort of way. I know how you feel. We keep having trees dying off. I think Gary (our brother-n-law) must think we are so stupid. I don't know what it is but everything keeps dying. Either too much water, not enough water etc. Looks like you had a fun day. I can relate with the teenager thing. Ciarra just dies anytime I want to take a picture. She is always off doing bigger and better things. :)

Ann said...

Just look at you doing all these fun family things. Laura is gone again this week and Rachel has to put up with boring Mom and Dad. She called me from Kimberly's today after seeing a commercial about the circus in IF next week. She was so excited. She doesn't remember going with the other kids. I'm feeling guilty so I guess we will be going to the circus next week. As for the kittens, I think you need more. You strike me as one of those crazy cat ladies:)