Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hot Dogs and Drive-in Movies

We got to get out and enjoy more summer time fun!
When my friend and I were talking about what we were going to do for dinner we decided on a Weenie Roast. It is truly amazing how quick and easy you can through together a whole bunch of fun!
But when I told Seth we were going to "roast weenies" he got very upset. I couldn't understand until I realized that I should have been saying we were going to "roast HOT DOGS". I can only imagine what was going through that boys mind.
Later that night we went to the Drive-in movies! We have a great 6 screen drive-in move place! They always show a double feature and I can get my WHOLE family in for under $20. We went with our friends the Migilores. This night Steven and Brian had other commitments so they weren't around.
Brian had a hard time going to the movies mid-week anyway cause it can run quite late and he has to work in the morning while the rest of us sleep in.
Sam and Dazee Dog chillin out in the back of the Suburban! We always bring in our own popcorn, M&M's and drinks. My kids didn't even know there was a concession stand until the Migilore's went up to get something and Seth and Sean tagged along.
The big blue chair was were I was sitting. The weather was good and didn't get to breezy for Sawyer like sometime is can. Seth almost made it to the second movie which is real good for him. I can't believe how good these pictures turned out cause when I was looking through the view finder all I could see was pitch black!
Oh ya, the movies we saw were Mummy #3 and The Hulk.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I love our local drive-in. $6 for adults, $3 for kids, bring your own junk food and get two movies...can't beat it with a stick

Ann said...

Drive in movies. Aah the good old days. They closed the Drive ins in Idaho Falls this summer. I guess they went broke. For an alternative the girls have been flipping the trampoline on it's side and clothes pinning a sheet to it and using a projector, playstation and Adam's speakers to make their own big movie screen. We serve popcorn and licorice and they and all their friends sit in campchairs or on pillows and blankets on the ground. All this goes on in the side yard. Cars do slow down to see what's going on. They've had quite a bit of fun doing it. Maybe we should start charging.

Cziep Family said...

What a great night out with the family... remember those days, they will all be grown up and out of the house before you know it!