Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Reading Program Reward

Every Summer, almost every place we have lived, I have tried to keep the kids involved with the local Library's reading program. We always start off with good intentions but by the end I think we all sort-of forget. I did it real good with Steven a few times...
anyway, we made it this summer!!
The theme this year was bugs! Sean and Sam read 1000 minutes each and was awarded some binoculars and a Personal Pan Pizza from Pizza Hut.

Seth had the pre-school level program where we did a variety of book related events. He got a Dr Seuss book about bugs (and mom bought the pizza).
Then we just got crazy!
Don't know who the guy in the background is...that's what happens when you take pictures of yourself! Hope I didn't need a release form to post this photo!
I love that all of the kids are getting to be good readers. Steven tells me about books he had read that I didn't even know existed. Sean is starting to challenge his reading skills and Samantha is just trying to keep up with her brothers. Seth won't let me read him books, he likes to pretend he can do it himself but then ends up letting Sean or Sam help him out!
They are all doing much better than their mother did at their age!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Very cool. We messed up last year and forgot to write down the books we read during the school year.....Emilia's school does a 100 book list. WE are going to hit it this year.

Cziep Family said...

I was reading this to Sydnie and she wanted to know where she signs up for this! She is all about food!